27 Jan Business Development Manager (Sales)
Full Job Description
Come join our team at Tru-Form Plastics that has become a well-established company conveniently located near the 405 freeway in Orange County that offers a fun, collaborative work environment, excellent health, dental and vision insurance, a 401k with company match and opportunities for career advancement. Flexibility to work from home or the office, with the exception of Mondays during which time you would be required to be onsite for face-to-face meetings and priority alignment.
· Identify potential customers and opportunities to provide custom thermoforming and assembly solutions to these target market segments: Aerospace, Defense, Medical Device Packaging, Medical Equipment Enclosures, Automotive/EV, Automated Manufacturing and Electronic Packaging.
· Collaborate with Tru-Form Plastics CEO to create strategic business development plan and marketing deliverables to increase awareness and demand for Tru-Form Plastics (TFP) capabilities and expertise.
· Build effective relationships with people with different roles of the customer’s organization and position TFP as a preferred partner and thermoforming supplier.
· Achieving profitable sales growth targets by earning new thermoforming projects with current & new customers.
· Work with colleagues to manage projects through the design, prototyping, certification, and production stages.
Key attributes of ideal candidates:
· Self-motivated, disciplined, dedicated, person who loves to win, has a winning attitude and accountable for results
· Active, empathic listener, persuasive communicator, who build credibility through their actions
· Goal oriented planner with targets and systematic ways to achieve goals and improve effectiveness
· Excellent interpersonal skills, can approach people and call people, do not take “No” personally.
· Able to implement targeted sales strategy, for both technical and non-technical audiences
· Willingness and ability to learn quickly, adapt easily to different personalities and situations
· Proven effectiveness in business development in Aerospace, Defense, Medical Device Packaging, Medical
Equipment Enclosures, Automotive/EV, Automated Manufacturing and Electronic Packaging.
· Knowledgeable of thermoforming process or able to learn thermoforming capabilities quickly
· Ability to identify and solve client issues with help of internal support teams (often with design).
· Create strong relationships with key client stakeholders including packaging engineers and sourcing people.
· Understands the competitive landscape and market trends.
Other Essential Skills:
· Have a Customer First mentality. We are here to serve our customers, help them solve problems and be successful
· Ask intelligent questions to build rapport with customers and prospects and identify needs
· Understand and articulate both short- and long-term customer needs; including material requirements, stakeholder needs and new business opportunities to the TFP organization
· Educate customers and prospects about TFP capabilities, expertise and how we can solve problems
· Gain credibility and customer trust across multiple disciplines including sourcing, design, engineering, manufacturing and strategic leadership
· Propose solutions based upon customer needs and TFP manufacturing capabilities
· Develop a robust pipeline of new business opportunities for TFP through direct and indirect channels
· Collaborate with TFP Engineering to support the specification and design process for new products or applications
· Develop materials and technology expertise through networking, industry events, relevant publications, and continued education. Become a subject matter expert capable of representing TFP
· Evaluate and report market and industry trends, competitive intelligence, and technology gaps to the company
· Identify strategic relationships with industry customers and suppliers that could benefit TFP
· Maintain key contacts with current and potential customers, industry leaders and suppliers in our CRM system.
· Update Senior Leadership Team on status or actions required for potential business development opportunities.
· Travel extensively to the be the face of TFP at customer locations and complete weekly expense reports
· Effectively use prospecting tools, CRM systems, expense reimbursement system and ERP system (as needed)
· Update Sales Forecast with likelihood of opening business, anticipated quantities and initial production dates
· Be disciplined, well organized, properly plan and prioritize time and resources to achieve most important goals
Required Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree preferred and 5 years of business development experience
· Background in the Plastics Thermoforming Industry with knowledge of key companies and suppliers
· Demonstrated experience managing key customer relationships and closing strategic opportunities
· Reside in Orange County CA, and attend face to face customer visits and Monday Team meetings
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $82,700.00 – $110,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- No nights
- No weekends
Supplemental pay types:
- Commission pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Westminster, CA 92683: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Business development: 5 years (Required)
- Sales: 5 years (Required)
Willingness to travel:
- 25% (Preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Westminster, CA 92683