25 Apr Sandblast & Paint Operator
Posted at 08:36h in
- Masking and preparation of product for paint
- Operates sandblast machinery.
- Removes scale, grease, tar, rust, corrosion, and foreign objects from surfaces to prepare for repair or painting.
- Set up masking.
- Learn and understand customer specific requirements.
- Ability to use precision and specific measuring equipment.
- Manufacture quality parts.
- Touch up paint where required.
- Maintains, cleans, and performs small repairs to hoses, nozzles of sandblast machines and portable air compressors.
- Keeps inventory and proactively requests orders for materials needed.
- Can provide verbal and written status of manufacturing process.
- Help train others less skilled per the Supervisor request.
- Perform other daily duties as required.
- Ability to analyze information provided on blueprints.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Able to interpret part drawings and measurement requirements.
- Good communication skills
- Participate in continuous improvement activities.
Minimum Job Requirements
Education: High School Diploma
Experience: 1-2 years spray painting and sandblasting.
Specialized Knowledge, Licenses, etc.:
- Ability to stand for 10 hours.
- Lifting or carrying up to 50 pounds.
- Pushing, Twisting, or Pulling.
- Must be physically capable of wearing a respirator.
- While performing duties, employee may be exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes, and other particles.
- Maybe be exposed to a high noise level.
- Employee may be exposed to caustic chemicals.
- Employee may be exposed to vibration
Job Category: Production
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: On-site